Med anledning av det nya coronavirusets utbrott har EU snabbt beslutat att öppna en extra utlysning inom ramen för Horisont 2020, Societal Challenges 1.
- Kontaktperson på Sahlgrenska akademin: Bettina Sommarstorm, 031-786 34 63, email@example.com
- Utlysningen finns här.
- Observera kort deadline – 12 februari.
- Partner search: https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/portal/screen/how-to-participate/interested-org-list/42862854
SC1-PHE-CORONAVIRUS-2020: Advancing knowledge for the clinical and public health response to the 2019-nCoV epidemic
The EU Commission has launched a request for expressions of interest entitled “SC1-PHE-CORONAVIRUS-2020: Advancing knowledge for the clinical and public health response to the 2019-nCoV epidemic”, with a budget of €10 million.
The funds for this action are drawn from the budget line for the ”Mobilisation of research funds in case of public health emergencies” in the SC1 work programme 2020, which foresees that ”in case of a public health emergency, research grants may be awarded in line with specific provisions that allow the awarding of grants without call for proposals in exceptional and duly substantiated emergencies”. Furthermore, the grants will be subject to rapid data sharing clauses to ensure that research findings immediately inform the public health response.
- The deadline is 12th February 2020.
- The thresholds for each criterion will be 3 (Excellence), 4 (Impact) and 3 (Implementation). The cumulative threshold will be 11.
- Funding per proposal is expected to be around €2 to 3 million.
- Beneficiaries must make their research data available; therefore the relevant option of Article 29.3 of the model Grand Agreement will be applied.
All relevant information can be found here.
Please also see the new Pre-announcement: Strategy to Advance Therapeutic Measures Against nCoV-2019