REMOTE WORKING. The spread of infection persists, and we can expect to continue doing so in the autumn. This long, drawn out situation can be tiresome for both working life and private life. As support for your daily work, the Human Resources (HR) department at Sahlgrenska Academy’s Faculty Office has some useful tips.
There’s a lot of practical information in the Staff Portal (Medarbetarportalen), including technical support and other support that your work can provide.
“The Staff Portal is a gold mine. Here you will find tips on how to set up a good workstation and good routines, such as ways to maintain motivation, allow time for recovery and set boundaries between work, home and family,” says Pascale Evheden, head of the HR department at Sahlgrenska Academy’s Faculty Office.
HR staff have put together a list of links on where to find useful information and also include some tips on TV shows and podcasts they like.
Do you have more suggestions? Feel free to add them in the comments section.
- Questions and answers about the University of Gothenburg and the novel coronavirus: https://medarbetarportalen.gu.se/News/coronavirus/faq/
- Service and support, temporary work at home (in Swedish):
- Ergonomics and work environment
- Here you can watch a video from Region Västra Götaland on how to achieve better ergonomics when working at home: https://vimeo.com/405340869
- Tips for structuring your work and time for recovery when working at home: https://medarbetarportalen.gu.se/staff_portal/distance-work-work-environment-+structure/
- How to detect early signs of stress – a webinar in Swedish from the Social Partners’ Council: Webinar on detecting early signs of stress when remote working: https://tv.streamfabriken.com/2020-04-20-partsradet-fanga-tidiga-tecken-pa-stress
- Risk Assessment Checklist (in Swedish) – The Impact of the Coronavirus on the Work Environment (Suntarbetsliv): https://www.suntarbetsliv.se/verktyg/corona-covid-19/
- How managers can support employees in achieving an ergonomically designed workplace at home: https://medarbetarportalen.gu.se/News/coronavirus/employers/
- How the university supports employees who are subjected to violence in close relationships (in Swedish):
- Guidance for managers in dealing with death and grief:
- Five tips (in Swedish) for work environment management during the coronavirus (Suntarbetsliv): https://www.suntarbetsliv.se/artiklar/sam/5-tips-for-arbetsmiljoarbete-i-coronatider/
Get moving and take time for recovery
- Take an active break with the Feelgood Occupational Health Service (in Swedish): https://rise.articulate.com/share/I56SshgtpN1kXDSXRLpfP2cM4B1-Cx1i#/
- Online training with the Friskis&Svettis exercise program: https://www.friskissvettis.se/English
- STC Online Training: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHXAxbsNrrjjBO6tIudrfJEdeQcF7fbkx
- Online Workout with Fitness 24seven: https://se.fitness24seven.com/trana-hemma/traning-online/
- Yogobe (free trial period): https://yogobe.com/en
Taking your mind off work
- Wahlgren och Wistam (Wahlgren and Wistam)
- Skäringer och Mannheimer (Skäringer and Mannheimer)
- Sommar och Vinter (Summer and Winter) on P1 radio channel
- Framgångspodden (Success Podcast)
- Systrar (Sisters)
- P3 documentary
- USA podcast
- How it works on P1 radio channel
TV series available through SVT Play:
- Husdrömmar i Sicilien (House Dreams in Sicily)
- Älska mig (Love Me)
- Dejta (Dating)
TV series available on Netflix:
- After Life (comedy-drama)
- The Stranger (thriller)
- Grace & Frankie (comedy-drama)