ELECTION. New teacher representatives are to be appointed to the University Board at the University of Gothenburg. They are appointed by an electoral assembly consisting of electors from the University’s faculties. Sahlgrenska Academy will appoint 7 electors through an academy-wide election. The Academy’s teachers are encouraged to nominate elector candidates. The nominations must be received by the nominating committee no later than September 1st.
- During the next term of office, the University Board will consist of 15 members, including the chair and Vice-Chancellor. Of these, the University’s teachers choose three members and two deputies. Board members normally have a three-year term of office.
- The term of office for the current teacher representatives ends on December 31, 2021, and new representatives need to be ready to step in from January 1, 2022. It is now time to select new teacher representatives to the University Board.The term of office of the new representatives is: January 1, 2022–December 31, 2024.
The first step is to nominate electors to the Electoral Assembly. We encourage all teachers at Sahlgrenska Academy to submit nominations for suitable individuals, along with a brief explanation and the person’s CV (2 pages).
- Send nominations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word NOMINATION in the subject line. The nominee is to have been consulted and have given their consent to the nomination.
All teachers at Sahlgrenska Academy who hold a position that is at least 50 percent of full-time and have a permanent appointment or an appointment of at least two years of continuous employment are eligible to vote for electors to the Electoral Assembly. Individuals on parental leave and leaves of absence may still vote. The teacher categories are professors, senior professors, associate professors, university lecturers, associate senior lecturers, research assistants, postdoctoral fellows and guest teachers.
Individuals are eligible to be electors according to the provisions above and who have a position that extends through the Electoral Assembly’s term of office.
The Faculty Board has appointed the following nominating committee:
- Per Lindahl, Institute of Biomedicine (chair) (email@example.com)
- Magnus Hakeberg, Institute of Odontology (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Christopher Holmberg, Institute of Health and Care Sciences (email@example.com)
- Ingela Hammar, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Inger Gjertsson, Institute of Medicine (vice chair) (email@example.com)
- Mats Geijer, Institute of Clinical Sciences (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gabriel Bake, Sahlgrenska Academy Secretariat (email@example.com)
In September, the nominating committee will present a proposal for electors. The election will then take place September 30–October 13. The election will occur using electronic voting.
The regulations for the election of electors to the Electors Assembly are described in agoverning document (Dnr V 2018/399, approved 2018-04-27) and can be found here (in Swedish): 1696423_v-2018-399-valforfarande-for-lararrepresentanter-i-universitetets-styrelse.pdf (gu.se)
BY: THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE