On this page we will gather brief information and links on calls focusing on covid-19. This site will be updated depending on deadlines and eventual new calls. Please note – several of these calls have a short deadline.
Swedish Research Council – COVID19-related calls with deadline August 25, 2020 (opens June 10, 2020).
- International postdoc in the field of viruses and virus-induced disease states. More info:
- Consolidation grants in viruses and virus-caused disease states. More info:
- Establishment grants within viruses and virus-caused disease states. More info:
- Project grant for research collaboration between South Korea and Sweden. More info:: https://www.vr.se/soka-finansiering/utlysningar/2020-05-12-project-grant-for-research-collaboration-between-south-korea-and-sweden
Vinnova opens call for collaboration projects for research and innovation linked to covid-19
- Health-related innovation projects and feasibility studies are funded within the call. These will help to curb the spread and effects of the covid-19 pandemic and prevent future pandemics. Deadline: August 18. https://www.vinnova.se/e/samverkansprojekt-for-forskning-kring-coraonapandemin/innovationsprojekt/
NORDFORSK – COVID19-related announcement with deadline June 16, 2020
- Nordic Health Data Research Projects on COVID-19. More info:
The European Commission will shortly open a new call for COVID-19 related projects
”Second call for an Expression of Interest for innovative and rapid health-related approaches to respond to COVID-19 and to deliver quick results for society for a higher level of preparedness of health systems”.
- The call is likely to open May 19, 2020 and will be on Funding and Tenders, ERA corona platform.
US financiers directing calls against covid-19
- A number of US calls that are now open for application, see list here: https://akademiliv.se/en/2020/05/65851/
AFA Försäkring – consequences of covid-19 for working life – deadline October 1.
- For more information visit: https://fou.afaforsakring.se/sv/financing/covid-19–mer-kunskap-behovs
Rapid Access Call for Proposals: SARS-CoV-2 and urgent research, beamtime in BioMAX
- For more information visit: https://www.maxiv.lu.se/news/rapid-access-call-for-proposals-sars-cov-2-and-urgent-e-g-health-related-research/
New webpage for EU-funded projects focusing on COVID-19
- The EU Commission has collated all EC-funded research and innovation projects focusing on covid-19 on a new website.
- For more information visit: https://akademiliv.se/en/2020/03/64498/
The Swedish Research Council makes it possible to use part of grant for research on COVID-19
- For more information visit: https://www.vr.se/aktuellt/nyheter/nyhetsarkiv/2020-03-27-nu-mojligt-att-anvanda-en-del-av-ditt-bidrag-till-forskning-om-covid-19.html
The Swedish Ethical Review Authority gives priority to applications relating to covid-19
- For more information visit: https://akademiliv.se/en/2020/03/64392/
- This is how Forté’s operations are affected by the pandemic (Så påverkas Fortes verksamhet av pandemin)