The Breast Cancer Fund (Bröstcancerfonden) is administered by the Breast Cancer Association (Bröstcancerförbundet) and annually distributes funds for Swedish patient-related breast cancer research. The application period for the Research Grant 2020 for patient-related clinical research is now open.
Only one project application per main applicant and year is allowed. News regarding the criteria for 2020 include:
- the main applicant must be a doctorate.
- definitions of job/professional role that can apply have been deleted.
- the requirement that the main applicant be clinically active has been removed.
- emphasis is placed on the assessment that the project is “patient-friendly”, i.e. research where “patient/human” is the unit of measurement.
- clinical relevance gives greater weight, as the above requirements have been changed in this year’s announcement.
For more information (in Swedish), see the website for the Research Grant 2020.