CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION. Below is information related to the construction project Naturvetenskap Life. Thursday, October 17, the reserve time at 15:00 will be used to divide some larger boulders.
CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION WEEK 41
October 7 – 11
- During weeks 39 to 41, blasting is done on third layer.
- In week 39 the work continues on putting the wooden barriers in place as protection for the blasting that will come in the area close to the facade of Nya Forsken.
- The outloading of rock material is proceeding according to plan och keeping up pace with the blasting. So far the outloading is now at 25% of the total estimated volume.
- In the last couple of weeks the trucks have been both entering and exiting the construction area through gate 2, with is the southern gate just above the”igloo”, (the ”globe” covered by wood). Below that, signs with instructions have been put up to secure safe passage for pedestrians.
- The construction team and the drivers kindly ask all to respect the messages on the signs, especially now as we are heading toward the dark season.
- Blasting will happen Tuesday and Thursday at 12.30 as usual.
CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION WEEK 42
October 14 – 18
- A part of Medicinaregatan including the side walk close the allotments will be closed temporarily when a large piece of rock is to be removed from the slope. The rock will be removed in a controlled way to prevent it from becoming a potential danger. This is a decision made by the geologist responsible.
- Pedestrians cyclists and cars will be able to pass safely, but for short periods of time guards will stop the traffic.
- In week 40 blasting will happen as usual Tuesday and Thursday at 12.30. On Thursday, the reserve time at 15.00 will be used for some larger boulders that need to be divided in smaller pieces to enable outloading.
CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION WEEK 43
October 21 – 25
- Blasting continues on the third layer, the largest out of the four. (see illustration)
- The rock wall is cleared and reinforced, a recurring work during autumn. From the windows in the nearby buildings coloured crosses will be seen painted on the wall, marking the exact position for the drilling that needs to be done before completing the reinforcement work.
- Blasting takes place on Tuesday and Thursday at 12.30 as usual.