Swedish Society for Medical Research (SSMF) Large Grants for employment as a researcher or equivalent. The salary amount in the grant amounts to a maximum of SEK 800,000 / year. The grant recipients also receive SEK 900,000 / year in operating cost grants.
Aimed at young researchers (maximum 7 or 10 years after the doctoral degree with the usual deductions for parental leave, etc.). Eligible to apply are those who do not hold or are in the process of being appointed as a teacher (assistant lecturer, senior lecturer, professor or equivalent) or have received grants from another financier for their own multi-year employment.
The grant covers salary for employment as a researcher or equivalent for 2 + 2 years (SEK 800,000 per year for full-time employment. Four grants for full-time employment and four for part-time employment in combination with clinical service will, subject to the Board’s decision, be granted with effect from 1 January 2022 .
- April 15: Researchers apply for the grant itself via the application system on SSMF’s pages.
- End of April: SSMF announces to the Sahlgrenska Academy’s (SA) faculty office which researchers at SA have applied for the grant.
- May 31: SA’s own assessment group nominates a maximum of four applicants for grants for full-time employment and a maximum of four applicants for grants for part-time employment.
- June-August: SSMF’s own review
- August 30: selected applicants are called for an interview (contact the department for research support if interview training is desired)
- Around September 20: The Review Board interviews applicants in Stockholm.
- Beginning of October: SSMF’s board decides on allocated grants.
Contact person at Sahlgrenska Academy is Christina Nilsson, Unit for research support: 031-786 34 63, firstname.lastname@example.org