NOTE! Extended deadline until April 26th 2020
The application period for the Swedish Society for Medical Research (SSMF) Large Grant will be one month earlier: the application period opens March 15th and closes April 26th. New for this year is also that the amount for salary in the grant is increased for clinically active researchers from previously SEK 400,000/year to a maximum of SEK 800,000/year.
SSMF’s Large Grant is a four-year establishment grant for full-time and half-time younger researchers, the latter intended for clinically active researchers, and an associated operating cost allocation. The number of research posts has not been determined, but at the last application date there were four full-time and four half-time positions.
The establishment grant is for promising young researchers (maximum 7 respectively 10 years after a completing a doctoral degree but with customary supplements for parental leave etc.). Eligible applicants are those who do not hold or are in the process of being employed as of teachers, or have received grants from another financier for their own multi-year employment.
In 2020 the application process consists of several steps:
- April 15th: Researchers apply for the grant themselves via the application system on SSMH’s pages.
- End of April: SSMH informs Sahlgrenska Academy (SA) Faculty Office of which researchers at SA have applied for the grant.
- May 30th: SA’s own assessment group nominates a maximum of four applicants for full-time employment grants and a maximum of four applicants for part-time employment grants.
- June-August: SSMF’s own review.
- August 30th: selected applicants are called for interview.
- About September 20th: the review panel interviews applicants in Stockholm.
- October: SSMF’s board decides on allocated grants.
Contact person at Sahlgrenska Academy is Bettina Sommarstorm, Department for Research Support: 031-786 34 63, email@example.com